This little survey has been making its way around the blog-o-sphere, so I thought I’d take a crack at it….
Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you have an incredibly blessed day!
1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? HC fo sho. I had some eggnog recently and did not have a good next three days so I think I am done with it forever!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? ummm, I have never seen any presents under the tree that weren’t wrapped, so duh, of course he wraps them?
3. Colored or white lights on tree and house? is this question racist? 🙂 white lights. dont hate.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I would not have any idea where to even find mistletoe
5. When do you hang your decorations up? well up until this year, never. Not a big fan of decorating just for myself. But this year I went with my moms tradition and did most decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish, besides dessert? stuffing. Is that a holiday dish? I say yes.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? lighting my hair on fire while we were outside lighting lumnarias in front of our house. I don’t know if that counts as a “favorite” but it sure is memorable!
8. What’s on your Christmas wish-list? possibly a Garmin 405? but i think that will likely be more of a birthday gift…hint hint Paul….
9. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve? when i was younger we would go to Grandmas and open the “family” presents on Christmas Eve and then on Christmas morning it was opening time for me, mom and daddy-0.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? currently it is silver and navy blue with a few other random ornaments added in for flair.
11. Snow? Love it or dread it? love the look of it, dread driving in it, especially here with all the hills!
12. Real or fake tree? FAKE FAKE FAKE all the way! hate cleaning up pine needles. I can get the “smell” from a candle.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? of all time? that is a big question. But I have an answer….an engagement ring. BOOM. How you like those apples?
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? well now, this question should really be the FIRST question…not sure why it is down here near the middle. Christ was born! Everything changed on that day and we should always remember that…best gift we could ever get.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? pecan pie!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? don’t think I have one…I will have to do some research and come up with a good one for going forward.
17. What tops your tree? right now? probably some dust
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? giving for sure. I feel embarrassed sometimes getting gifts, like I can never fully express the gratitude or thankfulness that I really feel about it. weird.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night. makes me cry every time i hear “fall on your knees, o hear the angel voices, o night divine, oooooohhh night, when Christ was born”
20. Candy canes, yuck or yum? gross
21. Favorite Christmas movie? Home Alone
22. What do you leave for Santa? three loud barking dogs?
23. Do you have a favorite Christmas morning tradition? opening presents? isn’t this everyone’s?
24. Do you prefer to shop online or in the mall? i like online, but I also just like to buy things for people as I see stuff in the store that they will love. Who cares if its in July? I can save it for a few months for them.
25. Christmas letter or Christmas cards? I’ve always wanted to do a letter, but never get around to it, so cards all the way for me.