So I was planning on posting today about our awesome experience buying new shoes yesterday (sounds riveting doesn’t it?) but instead I have a out-of-the blue, completely unexpected, hit us in the face like a wrecking ball update instead. Funny how that happens isn’t it?
Turns out those orders for us to go to Colorado…the ones that weren’t going to be deleted….well they were deleted this morning.
As soon as Paul sent me a text asking if he could call my cell or desk phone, I knew.
- I knew that we were back to waiting
- I knew that I was going to have to call back recruiters and decline offers to go to Colorado to interview for three different jobs that were looking very promising
- I knew that I would have to send out more emails to friends and family to tell them “Never mind” all that jazz I mentioned before about going to Colorado…nope…not happening any more.
- I knew that I would have to figure out how to wrap my head around what does all this mean and why is all this happening?
- I knew that I would have to wait another few days *gasp* months??? (NO!!!!) to find out what this means for our family and where we might move next.
I also knew what I was getting into when I married an Army man. And I have never regretted that decision, not for a second.
I’ve been kind of a self-controlled wreck today. My mind is racing, my shoulders ache, my head hurts. We had twelve glorious days of knowing. Now it feels like we took 5 giant steps back. Even though I know that is not entirely true, it feels that way.
But as I’ve gone about my day, I’ve been praying and asking the Lord for guidance and comfort. I have been reassured by what I do know.
- I know that this means that Paul will get to do the job he was trained for, went away to school for and will hopefully also mean that he would be much less deployable (if at all.)
- I know that I would much rather have found out this news now instead of two weeks or a month before moving.
- I know that I have skills that are in demand and feel more confident in being able to find an opportunity where-ever we do end up (unless its a town with like 1000 people in it, then…not so much! )
- I know that God is trying to teach me/us something. I may not know exactly what that is right now. But that’s OK. I trust. I have faith. (Or at least I am trying to the best of my human ability.) 🙂
So that’s it. The life of the military. No information yet about what this means next or where we might go next. I fully appreciate any and all prayers for patience while we wait to find out where God is going to take us!